'Princesses' Run Through Disney World

Last Sunday, March 7th 2010, over 13,000 'princesses' hit the pavement to run Disney's Princess Half Marathon. The race was 13.1 miles long and a Fairy Godmother was there to wish all the runners well and many of the runners were dressed as their favorite Disney princess.
 {photo source: Disney Parks Blog}

The Disney Princess Half Marathon is just one of the many events that took place that weekend at the happiest place on earth. The Disney The Princess and The Frog Royal Family 5K and Disney’s Royal Family Kids’ Races were also held that weekend. As well as a top notch Health and Fitness Expo fit for a princess.
 {The princess on the right is my aunt}
The purpose of Disney's Princess Half Marathon was to celebrate the wonderful attributes that every princess possesses: commitment, courage, determination, perseverance, and strength. These attributes are extremely important in order to be a happy and successful person in life. This seems like an amazing event to participate in and share with girlfriends and daughters.

My aunt went with a few of her friends. She took up running a few years ago and now she runs marathons on a regular basis. At the end of the race all participants were awarded a medal and had their picture taken. This is my aunt.

Are you a runner? Did any of you get a chance to run Disney's Princess Half Marathon?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And please remember to vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs (you can vote every 24 hours). Just click Top Mommy Blogs or the button on the right sidebar.

15 comments:

  1. Go Aunt! I just started running in December, was a walker before that. I am running my first half-marathon in May and am very excited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO not a runner. I have bad knees, but that race sounds so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds so much fun!!! Lol,I'm not a runner but i walk almost every morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a runner either. Even the thought of it makes me ache. I am soooo proud of my aunt. I am not allowed to disclose her age but let me just say that she has a teenage girl and twin boys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not a runner myself, but could be convinced if there was a Disney VILLAIN race. I could totally rock my Maleficent costume, and no one would know I was riding a scooter underneath...

    ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a runner. I started running before I had children in 2005 and have run two marathons, a half marathon and small fun runs inbetween. Once you start, after all the hard work of training, you don't want to stop. You worked so hard to get to this point you don't want to let it go. I am starting to train again for a half marathon July and a full marathon in Oct.
    The Princess run looked like fun. Your aunt looked so happy in the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yup, I run. : )

    I would love to do the Disney Princess half, I've been reading about it on so many running blogs. Someday I guess!

    I put in for the lottery for the NYC marathon this year, I find out in April if I get in! yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is awesome that your aunt does that! I am not a runner either. I used to love to walk/run when I was younger, but now I have bad knees (I know, I'm too young for that...you can tell me that! lol)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had never heard of this event until now. What a wonderful idea! It looks like your aunt had a great time.

    I hate running, but every now and then I get in the mood and it's not so bad. Before Christmas I was running 4 miles 3 times a week, which is impressive for me. Unfortunately, I got sick and haven't worked out regularly since. I need to get back to it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wouldn't run if you chased me with fire but that looked like an awesome event. And I've never heard of it before. Great job to you Aunt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woohoo! I totally admire your aunt! I would love to run a half marathon...maybe I could work on running around the block first lol!

    New to your blog and love it! Following you!

    http://thepursuitofmommyness.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. And which princess were you? What a fun looking event

    ReplyDelete
  13. Don't mean to be disrespectful but I wouldn't bet on Ariel. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Share This Post

Related Posts with Thumbnails

adsense