How Sweet It Is To Be Loved By You

* Today is day #12 of my 28 days of blogging.
New York City has a population that exceeds 8.3 million people.

And amongst this sea of people, I was lonely. Because, like many of you, I let myself get caught up in the day to day and forgot to look at the big picture. I focused on studying, working, making sure that we had enough diapers, that the dishes were washed, that the laundry was folded (or at least clean), and all those little tasks that make up, what I thought, was a full life.

But I had no friends. No one to speak with. No one to share my passions, rants or opinions with.

And one lonely day at work, I created a blog.

What I didn't realize at that moment was that I was creating friendships.

Friendships with women in all walks of life. Some with toddlers, some with teenagers and some with no kids at all. Together, we have laughed, cried, and shared so much with whom some might call strangers... But we know better than that. We aren't strangers. We're part of a community. We are friends.

So on this day, in the spirit of Valentine's Day, I would just like to say ...

 THANK YOU!


And please remember to vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs (you can vote every 24 hours). Just click Top Mommy Blogs or the button on the right sidebar. 

Thanks so much for voting! We have been steadily climbing the list thanks to you!!!

17 comments:

  1. I didn't realize you live in NYC. I live about 40 min outside the city and we got a lot of snow too but I don't think as much as you. Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I love my bloggy friends. They mean a great deal to me too. Thank you for remembering to say it out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the best friendship post ever - I feel exactly the same way. I had no idea that by starting a blog that I would meet so many wonderful people. You know we all love you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the best thing that has come from my blogging - new friends. I didn't even think that would be the outcome. It has been a blessing for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet post! I love making new friends blogging as well. It has been a great addition to my life! :) I'm so glad I found your blog as well b/c I love stopping by and chatting with you. :)

    Oh, and thanks for giving up where you got the boots! They are so cute and I was able to find some similar ones like them. I might just have to get me a pair! :)
    I can't wait to read about the diaper cakes either! I know a couple of people that are pregnant and would love to be able to make one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How awesome is this post?!!

    Making great bloggy friends is truly the best part and I'm so glad to count you as one of them!!!! xoxooxoxMelyssa (-:

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice post--Happy V-Day to you and yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just finding your blog now... but the blog world does create amazing friendships! :)

    Hope to get to know you better now that I've found you through Theta Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We got a lot of crazy snow down here in MD too! New blog follower here. Also a facebook fan. You have a great site! Happy Valentine's Day (early).

    http://atticgirl.blogspot.com
    http://www.twitter.com/atticgirl76
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/theatticgirlblog?ref=ts

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is truw....we all need a friend! And sometimes a blog is just the way to kick that off. Great bonds can be made through words.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. New bloggy friends!!! I love that! There's always room for more =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I found your blog from another blog on Follw Me Friday. I am now following!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have just started blogging (a new years's resolution) and already am starting to experience the send of network and friendships that is possible. Keep it up :)

    www.muddledupmumma.blogspot.com
    www.twitter.com/jodiethompson

    ReplyDelete
  15. We love you, too.

    I live in Brewster, NY, about an hour north of the city.
    I don't go there much, though.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A great post! I love your blog! I just love all the support that is given through blogs.

    ReplyDelete

Share This Post

Related Posts with Thumbnails

adsense