Concrete Jungle Where Dreams Are Made Of... New York

* Today is day #6 of my 28 days of blogging.

Jay-Z's new song featuring Alicia Keys, "Empire State of Mind," is my new favorite song. Have you heard it? It's about the inspiration that New York is to many but the reality that you even though you might do everything to succeed, only a few will really make it.


New York City is the most populous city in the United States, a melting pot of cultures, built on the entrepreneurial spirit of people that came to this city looking to 'make it.' And to this day, people come from near and far to be inspired by it's giant skyscrapers and it's bright lights.
[photo source: www.wired.com]
My husband and I are two of those people. But every one person that makes it, million and millions of people spend their entire lives working towards a dream that will never come true. So while I work tirelessly to start my own business, the same thought seems to haunt me day and night...

Will I spend my whole life trying to be successful or will I be one of the few that 'make it'?

I think only time will answer this question. In the mean time, I will continue to push this thought to the back of my mind and push forward, inspired by the big city lights, dreams of a better future and the feeling that there IS nothing I can't do because I'm in New York.
[photo source: www.destination360.com]

And please remember to vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs (you can vote every 24 hours). Just click Top Mommy Blogs or the button on the right sidebar.

11 comments:

  1. There is no point in wondering whether you will make it or not. You are the kind of person that will strive for her dreams so keep striving. What is the alternative? To give up. You would never be happy just giving up. You are not a quitter. Your dream may evolve or come true in a way you never envisioned, but something will inevitably come of your efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to vote and then forgot who I was gonna vote for. So I just voted for the first one.

    No, I didn't. I went all the way down to yours. Maybe you should tell people what number you are.
    I didn't know how to vote, so I clicked on what ever was clickable and I kept ending up back here.
    at least twice. I did leave a comment 10. 10. 10.
    She's always a ten. And I think I actually voted, too.

    I took your new button and replace what I had.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the encouragement Unknown Mami!!! It is very much appreciated and you are absolutely right!!!

    Gregory, thanks for voting! All you have to do is click on the link. Once you are at the Top Mommy site, you don't have to do anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now you tell me!
    Okay, so 24 hours and I can do it again?
    Just click on your link, the one here?
    You got it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whenever I am in the city, I get a feeling that anything is possible.

    It's like an electric current running through the streets.

    With or without the sizzling city, I know you can do it girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think my daughter would love living in New York or some large city. She is an urban kinda girl for sure. The suburbs are way too boring for her. As far as success, it all depends how you measure it. If you want to make a billion dollars the odds are against you, but if you want to be a WAHM with integrity and provide a needed service then you will be successful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish you luck with your venture! Thanks for participating in Friday Follow. I am catching up to the links. Rita @ http://one2try.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. In the time that I've known you, you've created a variety of amazing websites that I enjoy going to... so in my mind you're well on your way to being successful. And that's all that matters, right? :)

    I think it's hard because there are so many different definitions of success, but by far you are one of the most determined and talented women that I know, so whether in NY or not, I have no doubt that you'll "make it" just fine one day.

    When you do, you won't forget us little people who "knew you back when" will you?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Found your blog via Friday Follow!
    You wrote a very inspiring post, full of hope! I wish you much success!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You will make it! Just keeping trying. It takes time and dedication so don't give up. You are going to start your own business and I can't wait till I read about ;). I was just talking with hubby about your blog today. I was saying how much I relate to you and what you talk about. I even showed him your blog.

    Also I linked up your guest post on my blog this morning. Just to let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for your words of support!
    I think I have truly found a business that I am passionate about and that I can spend hours on end invested in making it successful.

    I am glad to hear that some of you can relate to me and my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Share This Post

Related Posts with Thumbnails

adsense