The Great Thing About Friendship

I moved from the Dominican Republic to the United States in 2003, when I was 19 years old.

I lived in Florida for 2 years before I moved to New York.

And this holiday season, for the first time, I had one of my friends from Dominican Republic visit me. She stayed for 2 weeks!

Not having had a house guest EVER and having a friend stay over for 2 weeks was making my very anxious. Even though I visit Dom. Rep. fairly often, I rarely communicate with my friends except for when I email them to let them know I am coming.

But let me tell you, I just had the best 2 weeks of my life!

My friend Bethsy and I had SOOO much fun! We have known each other for almost 10 years! We used to hit the town every weekend and party like rockstars!

But since moving to New York and having a baby, 'Party Me' has rarely made an appearance. I was starting to think 'Party Me' was dead!

Enter Bethsy!

Let's just say I am still trying to recover and Bethsy left about 4 days ago. And did I mention I miss her like crazy?

It's amazing how years can just fly by but a friendship can remain even if it has been a little neglected (mostly by me), fueled only by the memories of wonderful and sad moments shared.

Thanks to my new camera, I took over 500 pictures during those 2 weeks (most of which I can't share with you... ji ji ji) and I will be taking you on a tour of Manhattan during the holidays in a few posts this month, part of my 30 days of blogging (new posts will go up every day at 6pm EST).

All I can say is...
I didn't think I still had the ability to party like a rock star (and take care of a toddler the next day!) but I was pleasantly surprised to discover, I STILL GOT IT!

I leave you with a picture preview of more to come.

This is me and my friend Bethsy on New Year's Eve!


Do you have a good friend that you only see on occasion but it's as if time never passed every time you meet? I'd love to hear from you.

And please remember to vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs by clicking Top Mommy Blogs or on the button on the right sidebar. All you have to do is click!

11 comments:

  1. That's so great that you two got to hang out and have crazy amounts of fun! It's always good to have a friend like that who just will always get you. My best friend from high school and I are somewhat like that... we tend to drift in and out of contact, but when we do catch up it's like no time has passed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are some people that no matter how much time passes, they are so easy to reconnect with. I'm lucky to say I have a couple of those.

    Like yourself, I haven't gone out in 3.5 years!!! You know I have ever left my kids! My thinking is I did more partying then some people do in a lifetime, so I'm taking the next few years off! ;)

    I'm glad you had a rocking time, us Mom's deserve it! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you had a great visit with your friend. I have not been out in forever. I am in need of a girls night out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for still having the energy to party!!! I'm so glad you had a great time with your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How awesome! So glad to hear you enjoyed your time with some a good friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a friend like that , she lives in Nigeria and me here so never get to see her we are best friends since high school but when we talk whenever we do its like we see each other everyday , i will be seeing her this yr and I think i might just cry when I see her! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did have a fabulous time! I actually miss her so much!

    And I am glad to hear that you girls also have long lasting friendships with women in your lives.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is so nice to get together with friends that we haven't seen in a long time. We just moved away for my husband's job 6 months ago and when we get to see friends, I enjoy every minute since I know it only happens once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hot mommas!!

    I do find that there are a select few of my friends that we seem to pick up right where we left off--it's like we've never been apart!

    So glad you had a fabulous 2 weeks--and I'm dying to see the pics! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I see you did some partying yourself recently! I have a group of 5 girlfriends, we have known each other for over 25 years. We call ourselves "The Fab Six." I don't see them often, but when we hook up, it's like I see them everyday.

    ReplyDelete

Share This Post

Related Posts with Thumbnails

adsense