Time-Out for The Wannabe WAHM

It's Thursday again and I am so excited to share my time-out with you!
Thursday is the day to share your 'time-out' and link up to Theta Mom.

In case you are not familiar with Theta Mom (which I doubt, but if you are not... shame on you!) let me explain. She had a brilliant idea called "Time Out for Theta Mom Thursday." The goal is to grab one hour of time within one week to do whatever you want…without the kids. On Thursdays, you post how you spent your “time out” and add her button or link in your post. Make sure to stop by to see how Theta Mom and other mom bloggers spent their time-out!

I had a few time-outs this week. I am super excited to share with you. First, I spent an awesome night with the ladies of Aiming Low and other bloggers in NYC last Wednesday. You can read all about here.

Then, Thursday morning I was invited by my friend to be an audience member on The View. The celebrity guests that day were Wanda Sykes and STING! You can read all about my Sting obsession here. All the details about that will be posted next week. Pics included.

But today I want to share with you the best-time out which I had this Sunday night. My mom and I went to the movies! It's very rare now that I have a baby that my mom and I hang out, just the two of us. She wanted to see the Michael Jackson movie 'This is it' and invited me to go with her.

We had a great time. We danced in our seats the whole time. Putting aside all the allegations of child molestation (only 2 people know for sure what happened, the kid and MJ), Michael Jackson was truly a musical genius. He was unbelievably talented and it was very interesting to see how he was involved in every aspect of the show that he was putting together. I feel bad for him because he died before he even got to take his show on the road. And I feel bad for all of his fans that were ready to see him perform live in the UK. It was going to be a magnificent show!

I'm excited to see what you girls did this week with your 'time-out'!

One more thing!!! My friend Ashley from Confessions of a First Time Mom is doing a blog makeover giveaway! I redesigned her blog and you could be next!!! Enter here.

24 comments:

  1. Holy awesome girl! You've been super busy and ALL fun stuff!!! Thanks for linking and sharing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Theta Mom! I've been suffering guilt the past 2 weeks for not being able to post my Time-outs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome time outs!! You did alot of great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool! Every time I go to see the view nobody good is there! lol.

    Very cool to spend some time with your mom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. so exciting!! its fantastic when we can get more than an hour all to ourselves!! good for you! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like fun. Want to go to blogger event someday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Damn girl! Look at you! Crap I watch the view I should have looked for ya! :)

    Crapola I forgot to this today.. I think I am going to have to do timeout thursday tomorrow on friday.. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for following me..

    I watch the View everyday. :) If must be so fun to live in New York!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You had the best week filled with all kinds of fun activities! I can't wait to hear about The View!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic time outs! I haven't spent time with my mom in forever, just the two of us. This may inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!!! It must have been awesome being at the View. It sounds like you had a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ok girl! I finally posted my timeout thursday today friday LMAO... Have a great weekend mommas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great time outs! That's so awesome that you got to be in the audience for The View and see Sting too. How exciting for you!

    Glad you liked the Michael Jackson movie, I've heard good things about it too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You actually went to a movie? I haven't been to a movie in YEARS.

    I am pathetic. Truly pathetic.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are really getting the hang of this Time Out thing. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Busy girl! Can't wait to hear about how The View went.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so glad you had a great time. I love Michael Jackson too. My son dance with his music eveyday after the school :) Hehe..

    ReplyDelete
  18. Now those are some exciting time-outs! What a good week.

    So nice to meet you (stopping by from SITS) :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just found your blog, and have been LMAO ever since:) I hope that you will come and visit me; I will DEFINATELY be back:)
    Ma21cuteboy
    http://ma21cuteboy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow you had a fun week! That is great that you go to go to the View AND go to the movies with your Momma :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. My gosh, you had a good week! How fun to be in the audience for The View.

    ReplyDelete
  22. can't wait to hear the View story, and how cool is your mom dancing at the Michael Jackson movie?!

    btw, how funny you live in Queens! I was born in Maspeth, and lived in Astoria for four years before we moved north. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. stopping by from SITS! sounds like you had some awesome time outs!! Good for you!! I, too loved Michael Jackson and will miss him.He was a legend and so talented! stop by

    ReplyDelete

Share This Post

Related Posts with Thumbnails

adsense