Let's Create Our Media Kit Together!

Good Morning Girls!!!

It seems that a lot of us started blogging together and now most of us are looking to create a Media Kit for advertisers.

I had never thought about creating one because I didn't think that anyone would be interested in advertising on my silly little blog but it turns out that some people do!

So I had to create a Media Kit for those people. Can you believe the nerve?! Making me work harder than I already do!

I suggest you start to create one now before you get requests. Or maybe you are scrambling to figure out how to create one like me and a few of my bloggy friends (that will remain unnamed, unless they send me an email and then I will totally plug their blog here).

I think it would be extremely helpful and super fun if we all created our Media Kits together. So to get you started, I want to share with you some helpful links that I have found.

Mom Blogger's Club - Media Kit Template

Mom Blogger's Club - Advertising Rates for Mom Blogs

We also need to find out more about our readers. I feel like I know more about some of you than I do about my own family members but I can't very well write on my media kit about you individually. They need numbers and that I do not have. Do you?

There is a poll on the top right sidebar. Please select all that apply. I invite you to creat your own poll so you can get the stats you need to create your Media Kit.

Do you already have a Media Kit? Do you have any helpful hints to share with us? Leave a comment and I will update the post to include your tips!

Now Come On! Let's Create Our Media Kit Together!


22 comments:

  1. No comment cuz I don't understand the whole media thingy....

    and I'm your alien. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha--alien :)

    I haven't created one...and actually never thought about it until now, lol!

    Great post. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Chelle! I wish I had thought about it sooner instead of having to put one together in 1 day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the inspiration. I'll start working on mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I got the potty at Target. It's the Fisher-Price Pink Princess Potty Chair Musical. It's so cute and she gets soooo excited when it plays the tune after she pees.
    Anyway, I think you were reading my mind about the media kit. I'm still not sure I fully understand it. I'm really slow with these kind of things. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not sure this kind of thing is for me yet, but I wish you much luck!

    Stopping by from SITS today! Happy Saturday Sharefest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for posting this, I am hoping someday I will get to the point where I have advertisers wanting to follow along my blog, but for now, thanks for the info. I am following you from mommy bloggers club and would love an add as well. You can follow me at http://stayhomeandplay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Helloo lady!! I hope your having a great weekend! I did the survey for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for your comment! Yea, everyone I know is pregnant! Even my bloggy friends with IF like me...THEY ARE ALL PREGNANT!!!!!!! I know it will happen for me, but after all I have been through, it just makes me anxious!! I will be fine!! Thanks again though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OY sister...I have one in the works...but time time and time is not on my side. LOL I need to get down and do it...I have empty links crying for my media kit! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. good luck with you media kits...hugs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't have a media kit. Usually when I'm emailed about someone advertising on my blog or site, they suggest an amount they'll pay. Usually I just say yes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never thought about creating a media kit before! And thanks for the words of encouragement on my blog. I don't hate you for saying them, I welcome them! And I hope they go from your lips to God's ears!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on getting some advertisers. How exciting!

    I love your poll. I've been toying with the idea of getting a media kit together and didn't want to have an entire survey that readers just wouldn't fill out. But your poll is so simple and quick. Great idea! Please don't be offended if you see a similar one up on my site soon.

    Thanks for the links too, they were very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Not at all!!! I'm glad you are getting some ideas!!! Take everything you want!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hmmm...I have never heard of the media kit. I am very interested though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Media Kit? Does it cook?
    Maybe I should do one because if anyone ever wanted to advertise on my blog I might drop dead.
    Then who would do it??? (-:

    ReplyDelete
  18. I feel better that I am not the only one that does know exactl what a media kit is concerning... I do need a little help with adding a personal touch to my blog. Do you know how to do that?

    http://becominghomegrown.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. I got a kick out of noticing that after I've taken your poll there's a little link that says "change your vote." Is that in case I want to stop being a blogger or college graduate? :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I loved your MBC article. Fantastic! Excellent food for thought girl. BTW, my new site is UP! Not sure why my new feed isn't updated in your sidebar, though...Mmmm.....I'll have to look into that. Makes me think everyone else doesn't know I'm up now, either.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You must be in my head! I have been thinking about this. I have received a few emails about advertising and such. I honestly felt a bit overwhelmed as I wasn't sure what to do or where to start. Thanks for giving tips, now I have a starting place!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm with you on this! I've been meaning to start a Media Kit soon. Thanks for the suggestions!

    ReplyDelete

Share This Post

Related Posts with Thumbnails

adsense