Time-Out For The Wannabe WAHM

It's Thursday again and I am so excited to share my time-out with you!
Thursday is the day to share your 'time-out' and link up to Theta Mom.

In case you are not familiar with Theta Mom (which I doubt, but if you are not... shame on you!) let me explain. She had a brilliant idea called "Time Out for Theta Mom Thursday." The goal is to grab one hour of time within one week to do whatever you want…without the kids. On Thursdays, you post how you spent your “time out” and add her button or link in your post. Make sure to stop by to see how Theta Mom and other mom bloggers spent their time-out!

This week's time-out was unplanned. I was getting ready to make my cousin a diaper cake, more on that later on, and I couldn't find anything (ribbons, glue gun, etc.)! My hubby goes into OCD mode sometimes and 'cleans' the house, which really translates into shoving everything into whatever little nuck or cranny he can find. House looks great but try to find anything in that mess!

There is a point to this rant, I swear!

Instead of getting made that I couldn't find anything, I decided to take a 'time-out' and create a space for myslef in our home. I moved some furniture around, repurposed an old kithen table from Ikea and created a little office for myself in out kitchen! :)

I am so excited to have this little corner to call my own. I orginized all my crafting supplies and set out to create my diaper cake. I have never made a diaper cake so quickly. Having my own space enabled me to get creative and be productive.

And in case you are wondering, after three hours of searching, my ribbons were in a bag inside of a bag that I was going to take to the Goodwill the very next day.

20 comments:

  1. Don't think my comment went through...glad to see you got your space organized so you can be Ms. Crafty and make the rest of us mommas look bad! LOL Awesome time out and thanks for sharing and linking! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having a space for crafting really makes it fun, doesn't it? I just made a room for my crafting and all I need is a table to really get going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh, i'm dyyying to make myself a little nook...i just have to find the room! lol

    p.s. ac moore is just like michaels! i will run to one if the other doesn't have what i'm looking for...i love options :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to do that I have so much craft stuff and I dont get to do it because I dont have a space.

    Happy Thursday!

    G

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I am surprised to hear to so many of your were on the same boat as me. I thought I was the only onw that didn't have a space to call my own.

    We have a pretty big kitchen, considering the size of our apartment, so I took a piece of that.

    I'll post pics over the weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you made good use of your frustration..well done.

    The cake sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good think you rearranged and organized or you would have lost your ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I would love to have my own little space for scrapbooking! Glad you found your ribbon before it went to goodwill.

    ReplyDelete
  9. rofl, my hubby does the same thing. one time I had a box at the bottom of the stairs of newly bought items that needed to be brought up, including two expensive formula containers. In his haste to "clean up in time for the trashmen" he threw about $100 worth of new items away, that I had to rebuy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Man having a place is amazing. we did this not long ago. We took a whole day and cleaned our office (which was the DUMP room). Half of the office is hubbs-to-be space, half is Pink Haired Momma spacce. Its nice to have a specia lspot all of your own, even if you only get 1 hour a week in it! LOL

    Check out my time out. I did nighclub cardio! It rocked!
    www.pinkhairedmomma.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. My time-out was spent cleaning out the kitchen junk drawer. I know, sounds super-boring but it was something I've wanted to do for a long time! Now I can find all the useless junk I was looking for. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That sounds perfect! Think of the great timeouts you can have now :)

    My husband always "cleans" stuff up. And it gets misplaced or thrown away. Men, I swear! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Are men are created equal, huh?! Good to know my hubby is not the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Diaper cake?

    You deserve your own corner. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh what fun idea!!i love theta mom too

    following you through under 100 followers club at MBC..i hope you do follow back

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your blog! I have a award for you at:
    http://twolittlemonkeysplushubby.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. it must be so good that now you have your own craft corner... and your ribbons?!?... good thing you looked in there before giving them to goodwill.
    Happy Tuesday!

    * stop by for the dose of random today! lots of updates.. and more random:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Have fun! Following from MBC please check out my blog-http://ladybugsandtonkatrucks.blogspot.com/
    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Glad you found everything and were able to make yourself your own space. It will inspire even more creativity, I'm sure!

    I like your blog. Found you through Mom Bloggers Follow Group. I am following and looking forward to read more.

    ReplyDelete

Share This Post

Related Posts with Thumbnails

adsense