Time-Out for The Wannabe WAHM



It's Thursday again. How did this week go by so fast?
Thursday is the day to share your 'time-out' and link up to Theta Mom.

In case you are not familiar with Theta Mom (which I doubt, but if you are not... shame on you!) let me explain. She had a brilliant idea called "Time Out for Theta Mom Thursday." The goal is to grab one hour of time within one week to do whatever you want…without the kids. On Thursdays, you post how you spent your “time out” and add her button or link in your post. Make sure to stop by to see how Theta Mom and other mom bloggers spent their time-out!


As you may have already heard, Sophia has Roseola and I didn't think I was going to be able to get my time-out this week. But her rash is almost gone and yesterday she was back to her regular schedule. She took a super long nap in the morning. I took that opportunity to take my time-out!

As soon as she fell asleep, I headed for the bathroom! I got in and took a nice long hot shower. I washed my hair, even had time for 3 shampoo's and some conditioner! I shaved my pits (hadn't noticed I was growing a forest down there, yucky I know!). I didn't get a chance to shave my legs but you guys should now by now that I save that for special occasions ;-)

After my bath, I gave myself a mini-pedi. Flip-flops are comfy but they are not good for your feet. On a side note, has anyone used the 'Ped-Egg' I see on TV all the time? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Anywhoo, I pampered myself for my time-out this week. I didn't have to take what I refer to as a 'mom bath' which is very similar to a cat bath, but you have to be a mom :)

Did you take a time-out?

19 comments:

  1. The mom bath, I know it all too well! LOL Yeah, that egg thing is just weird. What's up with that anyway? So glad you got in 3 shampoos AND a conditioner...lucky you! Thanks for sharing your relaxing time out and for understanding that lame or not, I'm still trying to be the hostess with the mostest! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! Damn I know those pits I got to shave them too. For now no tanks or anything to show those things off ROFL.

    SO jealous of you right now I did not get any time but I am sure going to make up for it next week.

    LOL

    Happy Timeout Thursday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by girls! I don't always have time for a time-out but I really needed a hot shower. And I LOVE washing my hair. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No time out for me today! Glad you got your hour in :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah that sounds so nice!!
    I had to laugh about the armpits and leg hair. I am the exact same way..
    I get to busy to shave, then one day my DH will ask if i want it braided. lol embarrassing!!

    Anywho, love the blog!
    Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought we were only supposed to shave once a month anyway?
    I hated roseola. Both my kids got it, and their high fevers lasted the whole week.
    I am taking your button finally! Just cuz I love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Using my hour right now to check out my followers blogs and say hey lol!
    T.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The weather's gotten cool enough around here that I'm getting ready for my winter-of-not-shaving routine. For the amount of time it takes and the fact that they'll be covered with long pants, why bother, really?

    Glad you got some time to yourself, sounds relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhh, can't remember the last time I got to spend longer than fifteen minutes in the bathroom.
    Glad Sophia's getting better, I know roseola all to well, both my boys had it.
    Glad you were able to get your time-out today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my gosh a bath wit hno kids peeking over the edge! HEAVEN!! I am so jealous! Wee use Ped Egg here in our home and love it! Hubbs to be has some aligator toes. Ped egg is helping a lot!!!

    And i am one of the awful folks who didnt know about the theta mom thursday time out! I am gonna get on it now and implement it into my world! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. happy to hear Sophia is getting better...hot showers are the highlight of my day. I have to do it while E is napping and L is at school, otherwise they want to get in there with me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just found your blog via the MBC follow club! Great blog! I know follow :)

    http://teenfashiondesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. As I told Theta Mom i always feel bad commenting on these days since I always get my hour to myself. My kids are older and in school. I tend to sleep a good portion of it since i work nights but I get regular showers and meals.

    It will be your turn soon ladies xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like you had a good time off. You make me laugh with the pits and all. Kudos to you my friend. Enjoy your weekend.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awww the mom bath. I love the mommy bath. Now keep those pits caught up. I don't know how you get anything done working full time and have a toddler. Wanted to stop by and say hi. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am following you now.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for so much comment love! You girls are the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for the comment! I love your twitter buttons..too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A shower is such a luxury in my life.

    I love the navbar you have up.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks unknown mami! I am trying to mix it up a bit ;P

    ReplyDelete

Share This Post

Related Posts with Thumbnails

adsense