Get Your Groove On! : The Importance of Music

I have spent the last 14 months listening to music that I consider to be 'good' for my baby to listen to, pushing my musical needs to the side. 

I never considered the importance that music had in my life.

Before I got married and had a baby I was a party animal. I LOVED to dance. I went out every night to clubs, not to meet guys, but to dance. On the odd night in, I would blast my radio and dance all over my apartment.

I have always been an optimistic, happy, rainbows and unicorns sort of girl. 

I admit it.

But lately my rainbows have not been shinning as brightly. So what is missing in my life?

MUSIC!

Now, I am not musically inclined. I do not have the most sophisticated taste in music. I cannot play an instrument. But I still LOVE to dance. Dancing brings joy to my life. And while my dancing was only limited to clubbing with my girlfriends, it was a big part of my life. It brought joy to my life and I have abandoned it.

Since watching the MTV Video Awards last week, I have been downloading music on my iTunes and getting my groove on in my living room every night after hubby and Sophia go to sleep!

Can I tell you a secret?

I feel better already!

I don't like love songs because they make me sad but music I can shake my 'cottage-cheese-looking' ass to makes me feel alive, sexy, empowered and young!



Songs I am currently getting my grove on to:
Shakira's "She Wolf" 
Cobra Starship's "Good Girls Go Bad (Cash Cash Remix)"

Got any other suggestions? 

5 comments:

  1. She Wolf! Love that song! I also still love The Black Eyed Peas, "I Gotta Feeling..." Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My opinion, what is sophisticated taste in music? What you like is what matters... full stop

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO true, mama! The premise of my blog is "Because you've still got it." Music has always been a quick connector to a steady state for me, and I missed it without knowing what was gone when my oldest child, now 13, was born. It's since become a HUGE part o our life, since I married a bass player for a rock band that tours 6-9 months out of the year.

    I love that you discovered so quickly that you missed the tuneage and are bringing it back! High five. May I also suggest my friend Ri's "Music Savvy Mom" blog- she keeps me up on the trends, lord knows I'm stuck in the 90s.:) All best! Lindsay
    PS I love your blog design.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's right lady...shake it! Thanks for visiting my site. Following from MBC!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love dancing. I think it's fantastic and makes me just about as happy as I can be. A life without time to shake your groove thing is no life at all.

    ReplyDelete

Share This Post

Related Posts with Thumbnails

adsense