2009 MTV Video Music Awards

It's been a few years since I have watched the MTV Music Awards in their entirety...

I remember a time when I actually know who the nominees were. But those times have passed and instead I was left with many unanswered questions. I am hoping you might be able to shed some light on a few of them for me...

1.- After all the promotion regarding the Michael Jackson tribute, what the hell was that?
It was like 3 minutes long! I liked it but it was too short.

2.- When did Madonna start making sense?
I don't know if I am the only one but I remember a time when Madonna was making woopie with everything/everyone in sight and rolling around on stage in a wedding dress and now she is coherent! Not only that, she does look more like an 'Esther' than a Madonna (In case you have a life, unlike me, Esther is Madonna's name in Kabbalah).

3.- Why is Kanye West such a douche and why do people keep inviting him to award shows? 
Seriously! At every awards show that this creep goes to he has to throw some sort of divalicious fit! I googled 'Kayne West awards outburst' and found like 6 or 7 different instances where he pulled some sort of sh*t like this. He pooped all over Taylor Swift's moment! I too think that Beyonce should have won but Taylor Swift won and I was excited for her. Then #1 Douche had to get his drunk a** on stage and ruin it for everybody!

Speaking of Beyonce, she is the subject of the next couple of questions. Pay special attention to #5 because I really need and answer!

4.- How many hours a day does Beyonce work out? 
 If I even attempted to do a single move from her performance I would pass out in pain on the spot! Note to self: Must start to think about going to the gym.

5.- What kind of tape /glue / staples does Beyonce use to keep her breasts in her leotard?
For Real! I need an answer! All I have to do is bend over when I am wearing a push-up and the girls spill out. Beyonce is shaking her whole body in every direction possible for about 10 minutes and her boobs didn't even look like they were trying to make a run for it.

6.- Why didn't we see Taylor Swift's mom kicking Kayne West's butt?
Anyone wells something like that with my daughter and you better believe I will land my butt in jail at least for attempted assault! I did read on Twitter that apparently Pink had to be physically restrained because she wanted to jump Kanye. I knew there was a reason I liked that girl.

7.- What is wrong with Lady Gaga?
I love her music. Whenever any of her songs comes up on the radio, I lose my mind. But in all seriousness, she scared the crap out of me today. What was with the blood and and red lace and the polar bear looking thingy on her face? Anyone?

Hope you ladies have some answers for me.
* Fotos from MTV.com

10 comments:

  1. Fantastic list and I had the EXACT same questions. Love Lady Gaga, but WTF was she wearing half the night? Kanye??? I don't even know what to say and I must add I thought Eminem looked rather clean cut.

    I also realized as I was watching this show that I am getting older!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. you are so right on! all of this hype, adn i thought it was way too short.
    2. i agree. although, i think i liked her better when she was rolling around on stage.
    3. i wasted to jump through my tv screen and CHOKE the life out of him! i knew he was a sore loser, but now he's a sore loser for other people too?! get a life.
    4. she's from another planet! i had to pick my mouth up off of the floor when i saw her perform!
    5. i wish i had what she was workin' with, but seriously...how'd they stay put?!
    6. i was wondering where he mother was! i woulda went nuts on his a$$!
    7. love her music too...but she's a weirdo!

    haha, i feel sooo old after watching that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely adore Lady Gaga's music. But I was actually uncomfortable watching her performance...I mean the blood...it was just like...weird? I dont even know how to describe it but her performance totally freaked me out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Kanye is gonna take it on the chin big time for that faux pas. That was so way, way, way out of line. I do have to hand it to Beyonce for being such a class act and giving Taylor the chance to speak later on.

    I suppose Lady Gaga wore that outfit to get us talking and it worked. But that was just creepy and her weird straw face thing...bizarre-o.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The awards definitely left a lot of question marks. It's hard for me to get through awards shows in their entirety anymore. Your blog is absolutey adorable. I wanna be a WAHM too!!! :-)

    Following from MBC

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too managed to sit through this show. I've been skipping it for the past few years because it's usually pretty boring and I end up falling asleep with a glass of wine in my hand, then stumble into bed at 1:30 in the morning...

    Anyway. Yes, good points. I would like to know how old Lady Gaga is. 35-40? She looks like a Westchester housewife with a crazy wardrobe.

    Yes, Kanye is a big fat doofus and I think the best thing to do is to not talk about him anymore. He's loving this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is that true about Pink? If so, you have enlightened me and thanks for that! My money would have been on her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You are so right. But I still refuse to think Madonna makes any sense.

    And Lada Gaga, whoa! I love her music too, but she has issues!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry, no answers here. I had very similar questions about the whole event. Pretty crazy....especially that Lady Gaga scene. (??)

    And Beyonce....how? Just how??

    Lisa@
    All That and a Box of Rocks

    ReplyDelete

Share This Post

Related Posts with Thumbnails

adsense