What would happen to your kids if you were gone?

I know! I know! None of us want to even imagine that one day we might not be there for our children, however, that day will surely come. It is the cycle of life: we're born, we live, we die. But life is unpredictable and sometimes, not all people live to old age. The death of Michael Jackson and the custody battle that will surely follow have forced me to wonder, what would happen to my baby if anything happened to me?

I am so preoccupied with making sure that we have health insurance, food, a roof over our heads, clothes, and a good education that the thought of not being here for my baby has never even crossed my mind. Maybe it did and I quickly demanded it leave at once! How dare that thought creep into my head?! Didn't it know that I am supposed to die in my sleep at the mature age of 97?

But that thought is back and it is keeping me up at night...

Have you ever thought of this? Have you prepared?

Let me know...

4 comments:

  1. We wrote a will and specified guardians and then a separate person to handle finances. I think we changed our choice of guardians 4 times over the years. Now that the kids have reached legal age, we just have an executor in place but no need for a guardian.

    I highly recommend getting something down on paper so you can have peace of mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've thought about it, but I haven't done anything about it.

    Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. blueviolet - you are absolutely right!
    Unknown Mami - Let's do it! Let's get peace of mind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think about that sometimes as I watch my little one get older. I get so sad! But, I also don't want to be one of those moms that are clingy and keep holding onto their kids.

    ReplyDelete

Share This Post

Related Posts with Thumbnails

adsense