Dear Wannbe WAHM... Trying to help one confused mommy at a time

I think that I am much better at giving advice than asking for it. Or following my own for that matter!

I love to help people and while I am not a therapist or psychologist, I consider myself to be a good listener and capable of giving an objective view on any given situation someone might be going through.

So, let's give this a shot... Email me about anything that might be bothering you and I will respond with the best non-professional advice I can give you. Sometimes it just helps to get the perspective of a person that is completely neutral to what is going on in your life.

Assuming someone dares to send me an email, I will post the question and my reply on the website (excluding your name and email, for obvious reasons), so we can get others to chime in as well.

Below is some advice I offered a fellow blogger recently. Let me know if you agree or disagree with what I advised her.



I want to go to nursing school but all the schools I have looked into offer classes during the day but I need to work. Have you been in similar situation or have some encouraging words????

Sincerely,
At A Crossroads


Dear At A Crossroads,
I can relate to what you are going through. I just earned my BA in Architecture. It took me 6 years and I had to take a few classes that I didn't want to but they fit my schedule, so I took them.

I also could not afford to study but there are tons of grants, scholarships, work-study programs and loans. Do your homework on your payment options! And don't be afraid to take out academic loans, they are an investment in your future! Also, the government is offering incentives for those who are training for a new career. Contact the Labor Department in your state and find out how they can help.

You will always be able to find a million excuses to not move forward in life, but if you can find at least 2 or 3 benefits then you should at least give it a try!
I can list 4 for you right now:
- Setting a great example for your child!
- Being able to help people as a nurse
- Increased income once you start work
- Doing something that you love and will make you feel better about yourself

You are right to think that things will be hard. I won't lie to you, they probably will be. But nothing in life that is worthwhile comes easily. Think of your baby... Carrying a child for 9 months and laboring is hard work. It is a labor of love but it takes courage and discipline to eat right and prepare, etc. First time moms do not have a clue as to what we are doing but we dive into mommyhood and come out triumphant!
GO FOR IT!

1 comment:

  1. I think you have a gift for giving advice. You're making me want to go to nursing school!

    ReplyDelete

Share This Post

Related Posts with Thumbnails

adsense